Thursday, August 25, 2005

Straight from the Heart

Done been tagged!

"What ten songs are rocking my world right now?" meme-thing.

This was hard, given the following:

- I am too lazy to bring out any new CDs to my car, so there is only two I am currently listening to
- The Nabob has a firm grasp on our only vehicle-worthy XM faceplate
- I've become a total luddite with re: to the computer. Every time I log on the machine, this overwhelming wave of extreme rocking cuteness puts his head in my lap and I'm all "AWWWWWW" and five seconds later I'm on the floor wrestling over a tennis ball on a rope. I don't know, you tell me. All semblance of rock is gone from my pitiful little lifestyle. Next up, Lifetime movie marathons sans alcohol consumption.

"Like a hear it, like a hear it go": (Note: not all of these qualify as "rock." I mean, #5, SS? Totes pussy music.)

1. Swearing at Motorists: This Flag Signals Goodbye
2. New Pr0nographers: Three or Four
3. Mooney Suzuki: Alive & Amplified
4. Ike Reilly: I Don't Want What You Got (Goin on)
5. Sufjan Stevens: John Wayne Gacy, Jr.
6. The Exploding Hearts: I'm a Pretender
7. Robot Ate Me: They Ate Themselves
8. Fog: Under an Anvil Tree
9. Self: Paint by Number
10.Van Halen: Why Can't This Be Love


There are only so many times I can tell people I'm listening to Okkervil River or the Hold Steady, pretty much the only albums I've given decent love and attention to this year. SO!!!!! I tag..... Um.... This guy. And this guy! Once he's back from Zurich. Hop on it, lads.

In other news, Internet: What ever happened to Rick Astley?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is this whole tagging thing? Are you asking for music recommendations? Or are you just curious as to what I am listening to?

The Governess said...

10 songs: what you is currently listening to. if you put 10 songs worth of blaxploitation soundtracks on your blog, I will come to Germany and kick your ass. You are in Germany! I expect at least some sort of industrial death metal! or kraftwerk!

topic15 said...

ok done and FYI Rick Astley recently contracted salmonilla (sp?) from the hot batch of cold stone creamery's cake batter ice cream circulating in the midwest market.