Tuesday, August 16, 2005

the power of positive thinking

Here's kind of how August has been going for yr girl:

I have three or four entries I'm working on for pygblog, but can't complete. I've started seven or 8 books recently, have not finished a single one. I am in desperate need of work clothes/new tank tops, and have less interest in shopping than I usually do, which is a mighty low. I refuse to iron. I did manage to go to the grocery store last night; and then came home and laid on the basement floor (all wrapped in a blue-n-green afghan that I always thought was made by Nabob's gramma, instead: thrift store! Eww!) and watched "Remember the Titans." I cannot remember the last time I A) vacuumed or B) cooked a meal. I'm not really sleeping well.

A co-worker who I don't usually talk to just came by my desk and hissed I hate this place with such venom I actually got the chills.

I don't really dig astrology but I read somewhere that Mercury's been in retrograde, so that seems as good an excuse as any.

Better news: I get a pet in 96 hours or so.

4 comments:

the Nabob said...

pet = even less vacuum, cooking, cleaning. And more poo. yeeeaaah!

The Governess said...

poo! yes!

The Governess said...

"all right, let's go pick up poop."

the Nabob said...

Enough. Too many Simpson quotes today already.