Thursday, August 11, 2005

Magic and Mystery

My father loves puns, but I think most dads like puns.

Q: What time should you go to the dentist?
A: 2:30 (tooth-hurty)

Guh.

That sleeper cell is now awakening in my head, but in a much more unfortunate way. There were several plays on words that he'd use or that I've overheard which are becoming part of my vocabulary. Whenever I've tried to say the real word, I've said the pun instead. It used to just happen when I was tired, but recently I've gotten all Zummi.

Latest offenses.

1. Ociffer instead of officer: the punch line of a drunk driving joke
2. R-kansas instead of Arkansas: a hat-tip to the Governess' family
3. Illinoise: a recent addition, Sufjan
4. Turn on your cocklight: the result of seeing someone wearing one of these as a thong, a tribute to last night's Neil Diamond concert.

3 comments:

The Governess said...

"TURN ON YOUR COCKLIGHT, DOO DOO DOO, LET IT SHINE WHEREVER YOU GO..."

cs said...

Is the illinois one from "there's no noise in illinois"?

the Nabob said...

nope. its the name of the new sufjan stevens album