Monday, August 29, 2005

For Tom

Hey, Tom. The G. reports we share a common acquaintance. Thought you may enjoy this HS yarn.

The day after a snowstorm I was walking through the parking lot when I was hit in the back by a snowball. I turned around to see our “friend” laughing as if he had thrown it. I tossed aside my backpack, ran across the lot and tackled him into a snowdrift. I pinned his arms and rubbed snow in his face until it was red and shiny. Then I put some down his pants and shirt.

It was the most bully-ish thing I have ever done. But it felt so right.

Years later, his older brother admitted that he had actually thrown the snowball before ducking behind a car. Though, I would have probably whitewashed this kid anyways.

So Tom at UN, next time you deal with him, just picture him crying in a snowdrift.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That story pretty much made my day. I get a lot of joy out of picturing he-who-must-not-be-named crying, with a pantload of snow.

I should point out that I don't actually dislike him. It's just that we're arch-nemeses, is all.

The Governess said...

Everyone needs an arch-nemesis.

And you can't ever seriously dislike your arch-nemesis, because that takes all the fun out of it.

Anonymous said...

this would be adam B. i presume? if so, priceless image.

Anonymous said...

archnemeses can't be named! i have a lot of experience in the having of archnemeses. he must be referred to as the Snowy Pantload.