Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Things in the newspaper that have gotten my goat: the third week of February 2007

Yesterday’s New York Times – Billy Bob Thorton Movies: Total Box Office in Millions.

1. Armageddon - $249.3
2. Chrystal – $83.5
3. Bad Santa – $65.9

Chrystal? How could I have never heard of a movie that made $83.5 million? That would place it between Flightplan and Saw II, two films I also didn’t see, but at least I was aware of their release. Could my Entertainment Weekly subscription have failed me? Again?

Nope. NYT goofed by 3 zeros. And no correction in today’s issue.

Current City Paper - Dirtfarm? That looks awfully familiar*.

Today’s USA Today – Snapshot: Percentage of US adults who read a single book in the last year: 35%.

35%? That can’t be right. But the Census Bureau says yep.

You know what, America? Fuck you. I don’t want to hear any more complaints about anything. There are only 83 million American adults who read a book last year. The rest of you? Fuck you. Seriously, fuck you and every complaint you have ever made about how anyone else lives there life.

*You know, cuz I invented crappy tributes and all.

1 comment:

Armsmasher said...

Fortunately the one book that at least 83 million Americans read was The One Person You Meet in Heaven: The Nabob, Who Promptly and Physically Showed Everyone Else the Way to Hell, so.

I really did think while reading it that that statistic was about how 35% of Americans had read, say, Assassination Vacation, and I was going to wind up on Nabob's fbomb list.