Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I came across a cache of old photos/invitations to teenage parties

Questions to ponder:

1. Was there ever a time between 1990 and 1992 that I did not wear my hair in the world's stupidest looking French braid?

2. Was there ever a time between 1998 and 2003 that I wasn't drunk?


* * *

My weekend was pretty kick ass save for the fact that my neck and back are still so extremely broken I have taken to putting the front seat all the way back during my morning car commute. Lying down and watching the sky zoom by through the passenger side window is kind of fun. Makes you feel like a 7 year old again, because you don't exactly know where you are. Are we on the Memorial Bridge? Are we on 18th street? Do I have time for a catnap before my shoulder twinges me awake/we pull into the parking garage?

I spent my Saturday at a baby shower ("Guess the number of candies in the giant baby bottle!" D: "Let's see, I need to do some math. 23 candies down times...uh.... baby bottle? equals? uh. Equals me eating all of them. I love this game.") and my Saturday night drinking one too many beers, mostly because I was dehydrated. Never a good plan, it just leads to me repeating the same thing over and over again and being generally obnoxious. I'm sorry, Townhouse patrons.

Sunday we went walking in the snow and tried to get the dog to pull us across ice like some sort of hillbilly dog mush. It did not work. And then my mom called and wanted to know why every time she tried to buy Gnarls Barkley for her IPod she ended up with duplicate mp3s of Patsy Cline. OH. Also I watched Firefly and ate barbeque.

Also, my little bro just got into grad school. I'm glad one of us has some sort of future aspirations beyond consuming a 5-lb bag of gummy bears from Costco.

Did I mention my mom called asking about Cee-Lo and Dangermouse? Just thought that little tidbit was worth repeating.

1 comment:

Blogs t r e t c h said...

I got a call from my mom on Saturday asking if I wanted her copy of the Gnarles Barkley cd, cause she bought it and only liked the one song. Perhaps our mothers should get together.