To do list:
- Cut out of work early
- Holidays w. family; eat and drink
- Buy all sorts of unneeded crap for said family to prep for the celebration of the birth of the baby Jebus
- Drink heavily, *, but not as heavily as the rest of said family, who called me last night on my cell to read "poetry" over the phone.
(Listen! Your aunt has a poem she memorized that she wants to read to you! Yes, over the phone. No, it can't wait until Thursday when we see you. Okay, ready? It's a poem about WINTER!:
Ha hahahahha, wasn't that GREAT???!?!?!?) **
- Hold Steady
- Saturday Night Quinceanera
- Get over New Jersey-contracted cold, which has reared it's ugly head this morning
- Re-read NYT mag blurb on Katharine Jefferts Schori, who I find totally fascinating (former oceanographer!)
* speaking of which, I had not eaten anything all day yesterday, and after three Buds became semi-belligerent in a post-work Solly's Tavern conversational circle: "EVERYONE LISTEN TO ME RIGHT NOW AS I REMINISCE ABOUT RAX RESTAURANTS. I DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T CARE. Also, I am going to interrupt you! A lot!" God, I am the worst.
** this over-the-phone poetry slam brough to you by my family and 8 bottles of wine.