Wednesday, November 22, 2006

this is our lives on holiday

To do list:

- Cut out of work early
- Holidays w. family; eat and drink
- Buy all sorts of unneeded crap for said family to prep for the celebration of the birth of the baby Jebus
- Drink heavily, *, but not as heavily as the rest of said family, who called me last night on my cell to read "poetry" over the phone.

(Listen! Your aunt has a poem she memorized that she wants to read to you! Yes, over the phone. No, it can't wait until Thursday when we see you. Okay, ready? It's a poem about WINTER!:

"Shit!
It's Cold!"

Ha hahahahha, wasn't that GREAT???!?!?!?
) **

- Hold Steady
- Saturday Night Quinceanera
- Get over New Jersey-contracted cold, which has reared it's ugly head this morning
- Re-read NYT mag blurb on Katharine Jefferts Schori, who I find totally fascinating (former oceanographer!)


* speaking of which, I had not eaten anything all day yesterday, and after three Buds became semi-belligerent in a post-work Solly's Tavern conversational circle: "EVERYONE LISTEN TO ME RIGHT NOW AS I REMINISCE ABOUT RAX RESTAURANTS. I DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T CARE. Also, I am going to interrupt you! A lot!" God, I am the worst.

** this over-the-phone poetry slam brough to you by my family and 8 bottles of wine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, no, I learned a lot about low-grade, semi-obscure, roadside joints last night. I should have taken notes for my inevitable cross-country Americana tour.

Also, this.