1. OMFGLOSTHOLDSTEADYBLARRGGFGHHEARTATTACK: I'M NOT EVEN SHITTING YOU AT ALL OR ANYTHING. Read the whole article. I take ONE day to play hooky, and the DC blogosphere gives me this. My heart is filled with joy. (last night. too much raft. not enough Ethan explanation. I am the only one still obsessed with Ethan?)
2. Can I Get A What Loudoun What: Listen. I realize that hating on Virginia is just, TEH COOLEST. I get it. And I don't defend my native state because I don't agree with much that it does. But, for rilla, enough already. I tire of the uppity game, CITY>SUBURBS. Yes yes, you live in DC and therefore, you is probs ++ indie than me. Color me careless, dude; I can still come into your bar and spend my suburban money with righteous glee. Once upon a time, I wanted to buy a small piece of property, with ample, tow-free parking, and to do so, it required living 1.5 miles across the river. Born and raised a NoVa kid, baby, and totally apathetic about it! But the next time I read some jokey-ass remark in the DCist comments section about "banning VA licenses in DC bars, a har har buh har", I will kindly remind you. to. fuck. off. Because seriously? Find a new target to bum-rush. I'm sure Frederick or Germantown could do quite nicely. You grew up in Muncie and suddenly you call native rights? You aren't allowed to make fun of me yet. Call back in 25 years. And be creative about it, for god's sake.
3. Where the stores are: On the day off, we went to walk around the mall to return things (second time in so many days. There were lots of pregnant women there. Who am I??? Later, I went to Outback. Time to reiterate I DO NOT SHIT YOU) and then later down the street to score CDs. After piling many into my hands, I left them all in a pile(unalphabetized, I'm so sorry hip Cellar employees) and just one was purchased by the N. - the Pony's "Celebration Castle." Produced by Steve Albini, but sometimes love just ain't enough. Report to follow. I passed on the May released Scout Niblett album. Although now, I'm not sure. Opinions?
4. Steal this car: Currently, I'm living in my car like a tramp (hobo not sexual.) I have lots of food containers, empty shopping bags, my windshield is cracked. I am practically on red-alert Jewel status. Layers of coffee cups, fossilized french fries a la Morgan Spur-what's-his-name experiment, a winter coat or two, and 7 billion CDs. Anyone who'd like to join me for a nap at lunchtime is welcome, because I have a comforter in the back seat. Smells kind of like hound dog, but whatevs. Naps are good no matter what the smell!
5. Sixteen Days of Doubt:From my man on the streets of Cary, the venerable MJ: BREAKING NEWS! Four songs into it, and the new Ryan Adams CD is good. It's great. It's wonderful. I have no idea whether the next ten songs will be as good, but I'd say right now that it's the best thing he's done since Heartbreaker.
I do not believe him.
6. Supernova: My brother just called, he has an extra ticket to Oasis? Dear worker drones, what should I do tonight? Choices are a.) Oasis b.) not Oasis.
okay let me know.
UPDATE: Okay, the Oasis ticket is costing me the equivalent of two beers for my bro and his GF. So there! Come find me on the lawn.