Friday, March 30, 2007

chocolate city in spring

- spending this fair morning searching for bloody mary recipes. the less brunch-y, the better. Think: the type of beverage appropriate to inappropriate people; early mornings in lawn chairs; "bad language." please leave yr best at the beep, the spicier the better. i like a kick.

- related, heading to richmond tonight, where my bro has promised "my roommates will take good care of you." I am fearful, kind of.

- my favorite email exchange in a while: "you do realize that that's the night of the full moon!!"

- allergy alert level red: i am seconds away from clawing my own eyeballs out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend Skot's recipe for BM:
"My recipe (all ingredients of course may be changed to taste). Yields about 3-5 servings, depending on size. (We use pint glasses.)

1 liter tomato juice (I am staunchly against V-8 in Bloody Mary recipes; too vegetal, WAY too salty)
3 sm-med cloves garlic, minced or passed through press
1/4 tsp. wasabi or horseradish (adjust according to heat preference)
1 tsp. Worcester sauce
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Juice of 1/2 lime
Oh, let's say a dozen splashes of Tabasco
Half that or so of Green Tabasco
Couple drops of chipotle Tabasco
1/2 tsp. celery salt (also for rimming the glass)
1/4 tsp. ground cubeb (SECRET WEAPON!)
1 tsp. white pepper (adjust according to heat preference)"

Anonymous said...

Plus plenty of vodka, of course.

Anonymous said...

The best way to start that kind of bloody mary, in my opinion, is with blood. Goat's works best, but if you can find a unicorn then that's definitely the way to go.