Tuesday, March 20, 2007

morning commute

Actual honest-to-God conversation this morning:

The N: Do you ever worry our future children will turn out not how you expected?

The G: Sure, all the time. Like, what if future non-existent child is just a natural mean asshole? Or cultivates a serious drug problem? (Ed Note: Or likes the Scissor Sisters? Or is a Duke fan? I could go on and on here, actually.)

The N: I was thinking more of like "What if I have a son who is on the cover of a muscle magazine?" That would be hard to explain to my friends.

The G: Yeah, no. I can honestly say: I have never, ever thought of that.

2 comments:

tom said...

Or likes the Scissor Sisters?

I think that some people are just born this way, and you have to accept them for who they are.

the g said...

oh I'm not scissorist.

some of my best friends like the scissor sisters, tom, i swear.