Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Magic Carpet Ride

You know what this is?



Technically, it’s a vacuum cleaner motor. But it’s also my ticket out of here and away from you jokers. All I need is a piece of plywood, some PVC, glue, a 3 mile extension cord and a subscription to Boy’s Life magazine. I may also need to lose 100lbs.

Among other things, the Boy Scout’s can be blamed for leading an entire generation to believe that a vacuum cleaner motor is the most powerful force in the world of mechanics.

Tom, you hear what I’m screaming, right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i cant believe you took the effing vacuum cleaner apart.

Matt said...

Oh man, I came so close to ordering one of those kits when I was a kid. Aborted dreams of flight...

Anonymous said...

I am 1000% on board. I never succumbed to those hovercraft ads, but I know exactly what you're talking about (the one with the triangular base, right?).

I believe that the most powerful force in the world is now leafblower motors (the Mythbusters made some excellent hovercrafts out of em). But that doesn't make vacuum engines any less awesome. I suggest perusing these search results -- this looks particularly promising to me.

Anonymous said...

(I didn't buy the hovercraft, but I did buy the bowie knife with the hollow, wiresaw-filled handle and the compass on the end)