- Long tail and Hollywood.
- From ILB: "Stranger than Fiction" Soundtrack/Spoon.
- The worst political websites
- My childhood chum KAS has a personal journal that I dont link to, but is usually chock full of interesting stuff. I had never seen this before, probably because I am not a nursing student dedicated to helping Romanian orphans. Still v. v. cool.
- Results on a Corker google
- Yay, Friday, I love you. My Halloween plans are sooo not scary. It's a shame, really, this being my favorite holiday and all. I commiserate with you. General lack of spookiness and unfinished costumes and no party plans and all that wackiness aside, I do have about 9 concerts I'd like to see on Saturday night (although the Wrens have won out, I believe), and I might go get a drink or 3 tonight, and maybe even finish up my costume, even though as of yet I have no real place to wear it. My most obnoxious college guy friend (think fatty frat boy with a dirty mouth and probably dirtier genitals, ugh, but he knows and accepts this about himself and maybe that is why I still love him? Dunno) is in town this weekend too, so if you see me out to breakfast or something with a dude who makes NO SENSE, say hi first. I'll probably be gawking too much to really speak. Seriously, how do I even know these people. Also, I might carve our pumpkin, which is already half-eaten by the damn squirrels anyways. I'm leaning towards a Fox logo. Anyways, enough about all this. Happy H'ween!
* * *
Years long past, I'd sit around with friends in dark corners at Finnegan's Cove (note: nearest body of water: 8 billion miles east) or in dorm rooms, drinking cheap beer and eating leftover stale pretzels someone's mom sent in a midterms-are-hell care package, playing round after round of "Celebrity." Eventually those games would turn to lazy drunk conversations, the types only held at 3 AM (crush confessions, "what would your superpower be?", deconstructing the "Mike C. Car-Sex Metaphor", "if your life were a Jeopardy Game, waht would your 7 categories be?", etc.)
Inevitably a group favorite would emerge: how would you like to die?
My go-to answer was always the same, something I had swiped from Shampoo Planet years ago because I initially found it funny. I kept it in play for years after that, because by then I found it kind of true- "Naked in a fiery car crash with German Industrial turned up to 11."
I think I've grown out of that response. It's just not funny anymore.
Spontaneous combustion, however? Still hilarious.