Tuesday, September 05, 2006

fooding

Held a very similar discussion on the drive home yesterday.

Oh and also a car-wide agreement that someone (anyone? hello?) could make a small fortune as a Mexican restaurant proprietar round these District parts. MEXICAN restaurant. Not Salvadoran, or Bolivian, not anything else masquerading. Mexican. The only place I can think of worth... thinking of... might be Guajillo, in Arlington? Unconfirmed if that's truly good Mexican grub, seeing as I have spent a sum total of 3-4 weeks of my life, maybe, in the American Southwest; and one short day-trip to Tijuana where I ate, err, nothing. (Maybe a granola bar, I was still drunk from San Diego and hadn't showered in 3 days.) Much past business travel to San Antonio only ever provided company meals on the Riverwalk, and I know that can't be authentic. Shit, youngs, I like Taco Bell nachos. So, I am the least informed person ever on this topic. Whats the best Mexican around here?


(Re: food, not Mexican: I think I might be in for a drive to Punjab Dhaba. When I actually worked near Loehmann's Plaza, I had no idea that was an option? Booo.)

5 comments:

Brunch Bird said...

Wedgies and swirlies for the first person who says Lauriol Plaza. Seriously, I like the place a block north of there into Adams Morgan. El Tamarindo I think?

Anonymous said...

Check out Taqueria Distrito Federal in Columbia Heights, posthaste.

Heather said...

El Tammy's is Salvadorian, not Mexican. And it's not very good, except at four in the morning, when it's AWESOME. There's a halfway decent place called MexTec on the otherside of Adams Morgan. But it's all just relatively not as shitty as the next place around here. Lauriol Plaza makes me want to murder people in the streets.

The Governess said...

lauriol plaza will unite us all in a murderous rage. and yes, MEXICAN is the word.

Brunch Bird said...

Oh Christ! I've been eating Salvadorian food this whole time?! Well screw that noise, that's not happening again.