HIGHLIGHTS, CHILLUNS; FRIDAY NIGHT EDITION:
* Office party dessert bar.
* At T/C/C's, proclaiming loudly to every new person I met, "The internet, it is weird!!!!!! OMG HI and stuff nice to meet you weird?" I stand by the "weird" proclomation, because technology frightens me, but I probably could have been more tactful since I was in a room full of handsome people made of internet and sugar and spice. I am socially awkward.
* Having one of the more awesome party coversations of recent years with drunky re: Glocks, dinosaurs, and patriotic lapel pins.
* Tom and Catherine and Charles, who all ooze sweetness and provide people alcohol and have a cute apartment and have auras that are purple or something. Any photos you post, Catherine: if I have pirate eye, that's it. No more Flickr for you.
* Getting emails at 5:30 in the morning from a new blog-a-venture partner that contains a redneck joke forwarded from his mom, writing: "I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THIS JOKE MEANS."
* As we're leaving for home, introing yrself to someone, and having him look you in the eye and say "Your kind of internet crap is the best kind of internet crap." Listen, you had me at "crap." I may have swooned a little with that statement. It also could have been the fact that I was slightly intoxicated and the spangles on my shirt were weighing me down, but whatevs.
- - -
Today is my husband's birthday, and he may be exceptionally old and have crows feet ("THEY'RE DISTINGUISHED!!!!"), but he is still exceedingly handsome and definitely the biggest bag of laughs I know. For his birthday, I woke up at 8:00 to take Brown Dog to the park to get his hump on. Happy birthday, kid. There will be no breakfast in bed, unless you want that brekfast to be Jamison or something. There are no groceries in this house. (My annual wife review is coming up this spring, and I really need to up the effort I suppose.)
Now, because I am up this early, I'm off to kick something!