Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I Enjoy Making Things Seem Important Through Capitalization

Not that I consider myself that anonymous, but... Does this mean I have to turn in our capes/masks now? Linguistic markers help determine identities of anonymous bloggers - see also: secret sites. (via Kottke)

-

Went to gym last night for the first time since the Great Ipod Destruction 2005/Lincoln Administration. That is kind of pathetic, sure, and last night they confiscated my card because I haven't renewed my membership, and since I've been lying about my county of residence for two years I now have to figure out a way to avoid paying for a non-county residence membership, i.e., I am totes cheap. I refuse to belong to a fancy gym on several counts: One, shiny people in lycra. Two, I cannot in good faith pay billions of dollars to stare at shiny people in lycra when Three, a county facility has the same machines/etc and is always less crowded and more pleasant and has people playing basketball, poorly, for me to be entertained by. Four, I like people in sweatpants. Five, I rarely go to the gym because I am having a love affair with my couch, and am deeply entrenched in systematically chewing my way through my holiday gift from my company, a gift basket containing chocolates and processed cheese spreads.

-

Tookie and Richard Pryor are both dead

-

Are all people in LA brainless fucks? I'm serious when I ask this, because the two people I know still grinding away West-coast style are acting like complete morons recently (recently = last four years or so.) So maybe it's just a personal bias/stereotype. Someone please answer, I'm collecting data for my book, entitled: "All People I Personally Know In Los Angeles Are Really Pretty Stupid."

-

Instant Message:

S says: I feel 65 today
G says: 65 yr olds are cute
S says: it's the Voltron theory
S says: all my medical short comings morphed into one powerful medical short coming
G says: ha

-

We went to a Pet Expo last year. The Chicken Man of North Carolina was there. See?

No comments: