Tuesday, July 19, 2005

frozen through and through

1. http://www.chindogu.com/chindogu/tenents.html and http://www.nikkisixx.tv/bio.html

2. For the past week or two I've walked into my place of employment every morning carrying a sweater, all brown and wooly and very, very square. Yes, a sweater, even though it is approximately 973 degrees outside. It's such an old lady-looking garment. (If I had cats, there would be cat hair all over it.) The hotter it gets outside, the colder it gets inside here, like it's some sort of air-conditioning vs. heat stroke rap battle. The air conditioning is winning. If I had socks, I'd wear them too, even with my sandals- I would care not about fashion sensibilities. It's cold, people. I am spending my hours in frigid temperatures, when I should be on a hammock somewhere, getting tan and drinking beers and reading V.C. Andrews; or watching the "Lost Boys" under a ceiling fan, eating lime popsicles. Something, anything, not this.

I complain, but soon enough, the office will start to warm up, a mirror-opposite of what's happening outside, and all us employees will snuggle in for an excruciatingly hot winter.

3. Apparently, according to every favorite DC website I read, tonight is Bluestate! You guys should really advertise; or get people to blog about it, or something. A ha, ha. Can I request Happy Mondays, and obnoxiously refer to St. Ex as "the Hacienda" all night?

4. Does anyone know why the Post website is so jacked up today? I haven't been able to get on all morning.

1 comment:

cs said...

Happy Mondays. Good call. Keep it in Manchester for some Stone Roses as well, though. I think "Made of Stone".