Thursday, June 01, 2006

MonoNerd Corsiva Blah

There will be approximately one of you, maybe, who finds this interesting- from the latest in Kottke postings:

The Type Museum is potentially going the way of so many other great organizations, to the big Museum Resting Place in the Sky. ( lack of funding.) Concerning because I really would have liked to visit, should plans gel for a potential London revisit next summer. Dammit! If you like type and aren't going to be in London anytime soon, you can download a reading list from their site. Also, there's a google group setup dedicated to finding a way to save the place.

I've passed along this same info to my cousin, a former agricultural journalism major (not kidding) turned design professor. Needless to say, she's beside herself. On second thought, don't lose too much sleep re: the fate of this museum. My cousin is ON it. This is a woman who single-handedly turned her one-story Muncie farmhouse into a two-story dwelling. The Amish use a LARGE GROUP for such an activity, because they are pussies. Museum fundraising is probs for amateurs in her mind. So, nevermind. Do not sweat the type.

* * *

In other news, I just got back from the robot dentist. (seriously, he's a robot. I'm sure of it.) He proclaimed me cavity-free, domo arigato, & he'll see me next year. Yay.

No comments: