Example: Last week’s trip to see the G’s mom’s coronation in Faraway, Va scored us this set of randomness…
- A United Arab Emirates piece honoring a coffee pot
- Canada’s tribute to their Elkin forefathers
- A US Fiddy cent piece***
- A Metro Bus Token
- Belgium? Sentinelese quarter?
- A French 20 cent Euro featuring Lady Liberté on one side and the map of Europe on the other. The one that makes Scandanavia look all wangy.
We also won a handful of moldy pennies and dimes so old that their ridges had worn off. And all I had to do was sit through one church service about the Elephant Man. Lutherans rock!
* Awwww. I saw Pulp Fiction on a first date with what turned out to be a cute super-Christian girl at the RTC. Turns out Pulp Fiction with a cute super-Christian girl is not a good idea for a first date.
** I learned to “type” on my mom’s old typewriter and just spent 5 minutes looking for the “¢” symbol on this here modern cent-free keyboard. Little ¢, I miss you.
*** I never knew John Kennedy, John Kennedy wasn’t a friend of mine, and you, senator, could never have John Kennedy’s awesome faux-hawk. It never occurred to me that coins not only commemorate our dead Presidents but also their fantastic haircuts. Thing’s so tall it blocks the E and R in “liberty.” Sweetness.