Friday, June 15, 2007

dare to stand up and shout hooray

- Something I am enjoying this morning as I drink my overly-sweetened coffee: Ted Leo Talking about exploding shower heads. I KNEW rock personnel had stage clothes! My stage clothes are reserved for walking the dog.

- This week has been chock full of family, since Higher Powers decided it would be really awesome to put two in-law birthdays and Father's day and Flag Day all in one week. Thanks a shitload. It's not like I don't love these people, don't get me wrong, but seeing my mother seventeen times in 6 days is a bit of overkill. She'd say so too.

- We won our volleyball game last night, handily.

- Everyone in my life is getting new jobs or looking for new jobs or thinking about new jobs or trying to decide if they' d like to start side businesses selling crocheted hats for lions. Or whatever. There's something with the moon or tides. Early summer brings change, along with those goddamn afernoon thunderstroms that have flattened my petunias into the saddest looking fuckers you've ever seen.

- Tonight I'm gonna go weasel drinks of CatAn, since she has the best job in the universe. Courtesy her BTW: I wasn’t wearing a bike helmet. The only people who wear bike helmets are 13-year old girls and Tony Hawk, but that’s skateboarding and he’s doing flips and stuff. I’m going straight.

No comments: