Monday, September 10, 2007

dink

I spent all day yesterday with a group of very kind strangers, playing in a volleyball tournnament in 90 degree heat. Why anyone would ever think this is a good idea escapes me, but it was indeed kind of fun and when my foursome wasn't playing, I spent a few hilarious minutes in the rapidly-disappearing shade playing "guess how many ice cubes I'm holding in my hand RIGHT NOW" with a group of 5 year old girls. Anyhoodles, I played embarrassingly shitty although I did get one really good block in against some jackass with tribal tattoos. That makes up completely for my asstastic serving skills.

Also, there was a dog frisbee contest. Border collies are kind of terrifying. I don't think I could ever own a dog smarter than myself. If I threw a frisbee at BD, it would hit him square between the eyes and then he'd slink off because he thought he smelled string cheese.

By the time I carpooled home from Annapolis, I was good for nothing except blanking staring at the television screen trying to pretend I cared that "REX GROSSMAN TOTALLY SUCKS." But I don't really care. Oh, and then I watched "Feasting on Asphalt" which seriously might be the best show ever made. I love Alton Brown and his fried-food man boobs. Then I fell asleep.

How was your weekend?

No comments: