Thursday, April 19, 2007

america, the beautiful

What is it about this place that makes a girl stay up too late and serenade her coworkers with "Horse With No Name?" Man, if I had a nickel.

(Long post to follow about me jump-starting 5 feet vertical in bed Tuesday night, slackjawed staring at the TV, a picture of a girl I spent my early teen years babysitting flashed onscreen; her mom being interviewed on CNN. Thanks world, for making it normal to say things like "phew, she was only shot superficially." But she's okay, she's okay, she's okay, unlike 32 others and most of her classmates that morning. There are really no words.

Jesus Christ.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, I really would have guessed that you would have opted to sing one of America's songs from this...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Last_unicorn_cover_art.jpg