Monday, March 31, 2008

elizabeth

Huh.

The DVD: Guyville Redux, a documentary about the making of the album, with a focus on the indie scene in the Wicker Park neighborhood of Chicago, out of which Phair sprung in the early 90s. In the documentary, Phair herself interviews a series of luminaries connected to the scene, including radio/TV personality Ira Glass, actor John Cusack (whose role in High Fidelity pretty much epitomized the kind of guy Phair disses on Exile in Guyville), Steve Albini, Matador's Gerard Cosloy and Chris Lombardi, Guyville producer Brad Wood, members of Urge Overkill, and John Henderson of Chicago label Feel Good All Over.

Though I don't know if this makes up for anything since then, really. I did like one song from White Chocolate Space Egg. I can't remember which one.

1 comment:

sbma44 said...

I actually liked a lot of songs on that album. But I think that makes me anti-feminist.