Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Good things don't end with -eum. They end with -Con

There exists a love-hate relationship for science fiction in our household. To be specific, I love the idea of sci-fi but hate when people found out. It’s why we wear a mask in TDOS. Actually, I guess everyone wears a mask in that. But it’s also why issues of X-Men #162-179 are in hidden my desk under stacks of “official” papers. I’m taking them back to the library tonight but don’t want them in my bag in case the Secret Service searches it, for some reason.

It’s also why I was excited/not excited when I saw that someone had created a site that tracks all of the nerd conventions within 120 miles of your house. The closest to us? Something called Gaylaxicon 2008 - "the annual international Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror convention for gay men, lesbians, bisexuals, transgendered people." And their friends. I was going to order my t-shirt but the only thing worse than wearing a band’s shirt to their concert is wearing this year’s convention shirt to this year’s convention. Also, seahorses.

So I’m going to go as Northstar. The G’s dressing up as Karma. And I guess Cloverfield will go as gay Cloverfield.

No comments: