Friday, February 22, 2008

Grudge III

In 2002, I took a trip to China that resulted in so many outrageously awesome adventures that their retelling would surely result in the Chinese government shutting down the entire internet out of embarrassment. Then they would hack into Secretary Gates email and have our house get peppered with destroyed secret satellite bits. They are that scandalous.

And it appears that it’s getting more so.

At the time, I considered my few days in Hong Kong to be quit tame. In an effort to get out of the city and to see the coast, about 15 of us rented a boat and sailed to some nearby island for some drinking and beach rugby and high times. We goofed off, took pictures and wasted the day away.

I got an email yesterday from my friend who organized the trip and he asked if I remember another guy from that cruise named Chen. I replied that I thought there were several dudes on the boat named Chen. “No,” he said. “Edison Chen.”

Oooooohhhhhhhhhhh. Edison Chen. The "hugeHong Kong sex photo scandal" Edison Chen.


Man, the stories from that trip get better and better. I wonder if there were pictures of me on that laptop. I did have my shirt off.

No comments: