Friday, October 05, 2007

wknd

1. If I wasn't still pissed about the Great Blowout of 2002 I partook in with their circulation department (I am all for supporting music businesses / mags / publications / whatevblahs, but their shit was being run by benzodiazepine'd-out sloths back then), now would be the time where I might mention in passing the bands announced for CMJfest this year.

2. I am hitting the road for NC with my folks at the asscrack of light tomorrow AM. My husband, intelligent man, is not partaking in/of this little adventure. So far, the trip outline is centered mostly on alcohol availability, as is my family's MO. With a healthy sidetrip to Mayberry. Yes, I'm sitting in the backseat of my folks car for 8 hours just to go drink in Mayberry. I feel 15 again!

The first time my mom tells me "I'm such a pretty girl, but I should really start wearing my hair out of my face", I'm calling quits.

1 comment:

the Nabob said...

That's the topic you're most worried about as a late-20ish woman from her desperate-to-be-a-grandmother/real estate agent mother? Have fun.

I'll be spray painting giant helmets, boots and gloves bright pink.