Tuesday, October 04, 2005

tall bottom girls, you make the rockin world go round

1. My Morning Jacket is next Monday, and Broken Social Scene on the 26th.

2. Did you know there is a bar in Baltimore named GRUMPY'S! This pleases me greatly. Everyone needs to join my party caravan northwards, we'll roll up in one big cloud of scowl.

3. Last week: the N looked someone's phone # up for work, and this persons name was very similar to an ex-girlfriend, who he then thought of, and started googling, and found, presumably happily living somewhere in the Commonwealth with her husband. (The next time you're down that way, N, it would be nice to stop by and say hi, out of the blue. If by "nice" I meant "Jarmuschian." I'm going out on a limb to say I don't think you have a son, though.)

Anyhoos, something kind of similar happened to me a few days later, but instead of googling the person, who- quite honestly, I don't really care about- I started googling his car.

1972 yellow Triumph Spitfire, "where you at?"-me. We have some catching up to do.

4. "to sexy long legs/my baby American Made:" It is the end of an era. I have battled young chickadees and their hormone-soaked cafeteria tacos, and I have lost. For the first time in my life, I have recently hemmed two pairs of pants. Lo those many years of searching through piles of jeans for the "L" mark, come to an end. Well played, Gap, well played. I salute you. Today, I am wearing a pair of your "long" pants, and the 36" inseam makes me look like a hobo pre-schooler.

5. VERY INACCURATE: My new favorite hobby is reading Coldplay reviews on Amazon and then trying to rewrite them as if they were instead reviews about my day. Dude, Coldplay got them some fucking fanatics. I did not know/care the depth of love for this band?

EXCELLENT, August 19, 2005
Reviewer: A music fan from U.K.
AS A FAN OF COLDPLAY EVER SINCE THEIR 1ST 2 ALBUMS I FEEL THAT I MUST SEND A REVIEW IN AS THERE ARE SOME VERY INACCURATE REVIEWS OF THIS ALBUM ON AMAZON. SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HAVE A VERY NEGATIVE VIEW OF THIS ALBUM AND HAVE PRE-JUDGED IT BASED ON THE SUCCESS OF ONE OF THE BIGGEST BANDS IN THE WORLD TODAY. I LIKE EVERY TRACK ON THE ALBUM ALTHOUGH SOME OF THE TRACKS DID TAKE A FEW LISTENS UNTIL YOU LIKE THEM. SPEED OF SOUND IS OBVIOUSLY A VERY STRONG TRACK BUT FIX YOU AND TALK NOT TO FORGET X AND Y AND SQUARE ONE ARE JUST AS GOOD 10/10 !!! STILL HIGH IN THE ALBUM CHARTS AS IT WILL BE FOR SOME TIME TO COME BUY IT AS IT IS ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS OF RECENT YEARS.


(Was this review helpful to you? Rate it here, and don't forget to WRITE IN ALL CAPS WOOOOOOOOOO!!!! AND NO USING COMMAS!!!! COLDPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

6. Julie Andrews on yr ass: A few more favorite things: This. Oh, and And this picture!

No comments: