Friday, August 22, 2008

also, i'm watching soaps on mute at work.

- Hey, universe? No more abandoned-helpless animal stories, alrighty? euthanized whales nursing on boats? turtles who stumble into italian restaurants after making a few wrong turns? dogs who stay by their owners corpses for weeks at a time hoping they will wake up? I'm DONE. okay? thanks.

- Recently, my cell phone number has been accquired by the gentlemen henceforth* known as "Whodis? Guy." He calls every day around 3 or 330 pm, and in the mornings on weekends. I have answered the phone probably 8 times and told him every time he has the wrong number. Now I simply ignore it. Whodis? Guy never leaves a message. Here is a typical interaction:

Me: Hello?
WDG: WHODIS?
Me: No, who is this?
WDG: WHODIS?
Me: You have the wrong number sir. Again.
WDG: (untelligible) wrong number? (untelligellible) WHODIS?
Me: OKAY. WRONG NUMBER NICE TALKING TO YOU AGAIN DO NOT CALL BACK PLEASE EVER GOODBYE.
WDG: (kind of sad "whodiiis?" heard before I hang up)

The calls are from a landline in Alexandria - should I call back and hope someone else answers, maybe at a different time of day, and explain to them that I no longer want Whodis? Guy interrupting my very vry strenuous workday of playing Bookworm online? Advice.

- Pizza Hut is now selling something called "Bacon Mac n Cheese Pizza."

- Sexy Teen Party tonight! I'm going as a VERY sexy teen with loose morals and a bleak future.

-JL on JBel






* i feel as if I just used "henceforth" incorrectly but I'm too lazy to find out.

No comments: