Friday, November 16, 2007

schemes

- I played in my first vball game since Anklegate last night. Things went relatively smoothly - I am not completely terrified of dominating at the net as is my way. My serving still sucks (all mental). Back to normal I suppose, with the exception of the crazy strappy black robot ankle brace I am wearing.

- Best Magazine Covers. Seriously, that O one sucks. But what do I know. Texas Monthly makes up for it in spades.

- I got up to 41 in freerice.com before quitting.

-"The Camp Delta document includes schematics of the camp, detailed checklists of what "comfort items" such as extra toilet paper can be given to detainees as rewards, six pages of instructions on how to process new detainees, instructions on how to psychologically manipulate prisoners, and rules for dealing with hunger strikes." Basically, a girl's freshman college dorm. (ziiiing!!!!)

- "Lies & Rhetoric" - out 11/19.

- I am concerned about Secret Clinical Strength deodorant. It's pretty amazingI guess, for a $7 dollar deodorant? (that's right.) And seems to work very well? And yet, has the same exact ingredients as my standard typical lady deodorant? (Mitchum, for those of you wondering. And yes, that's a real brand, you can find two dusty expired Mitchum products on the bottom shelf of your local drugstore and when you think to yourself "shit, who buys Mitchum?" the answer is: I do.) But Secret Magic (instructions: put on before bedtime, don't us if you have kidney failure, etc) has the same exact ingredients, at the same percentages as good ol trusty 1970s Mitchum. So why is it working better? Science, look me in the eye when I'm asking you a question.

- Catherine and I need to borrow/rent two French Horns, stat. If anyone can help out with this, please email me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Governess,
The ingredient in SC is aluminim zirconium the same ingredient in alsmost all antiperspirants only a % or 1/2% higher. I sweat more than I would like to admit (like a man)and I have been using Certain dri Antiperspirant for years. It's only $5.50 and needs to be applied 2-3 times a week (at bedtime). My derm told me its the number one recommended over-the-counter antiperspirant by doctors for treating excessive perspiration. Check it out! Good luck-Nicole

Anonymous said...

yay science.

just a sidenote internet: i wouldnt consider myself really an excessive perspirer. at least i don't think.