Wednesday, October 14, 2009

GOD I LOVE STANDARDS TOM LEE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS QUICK FIX THE INTERNET

oh hey look a blog.

So someone help me out here. Why do some websites/blogs/online diaries/journals/tumblahrs/twatters/whathaveyous use the word "next" to go FORWARD in time (newer posts) and some use it to go BACK in time (older posts). Can't this be standardized?

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD NOW I'M FRUSTRATION-CRYING CAUSE I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO READ ABOUT FUNNY LOOKING CATS OR WHAT KANYE IS UP TO.

2 comments:

sbma44 said...

I don't know! Or I do know, it's because the programmers think of it as the NEXT set of results that have to be displayed. The reverse chronological order is the dominant thing, I guess. I suppose it all depends on whether you arrive at a blog as a returning visitor, who thinks of the site as a growing thing, or as a one-time viewer who sees it as a static document.

Also, this might be related. Or at least explain why you're upset. http://bps-research-digest.blogspot.com/2009/08/surprising-links-between-anger-and-time.html

Anonymous said...

You think thats something, try passing a nude negro law in Florida.