Friday, May 27, 2005

Faith in Humanity Restored

Last night I went to see Star Wars at the Uptown. I won't even discuss the hair-dos in that film or how much I wanted to strangle wee little Yoda. No, the best part of my film-going experience came during the preview for The Chronicles of Narnia. I am a big Narnia fan to begin with, so imagine my delight when, as the music died and the credits flashed, some guy yelled out: "ASLAN IS JESUS!!" Aslan man, let me take this opportunity to say: I am smitten. Call me sometime. We could play "five minutes in the wardrobe" and eat treacle tarts by the light of the lamp post in the forest. Smooches.

4 comments:

The Governess said...

my vote's still with those closet dude Madeleine L'engle fans. Guuuurrrrlll, you know they out there.

See you at six-ish in yr CP hood.

the Nabob said...

Wait, Aslan was Jesus? That means Susan represented Mary Magdalene, Edmund was a metaphor for humanity and the Turkish Delight was just as delicious as the 2lb bear claws they sell near my office.

GC (God's Child) said...

nearly in tears over the preview. But can I say, I never new star wars could be so good. I was glad I saw it. Being an immigrant like I am, I missed the end of the story when it came out. now I have to go rent them.

A Unique Alias said...

I'll have to try to hunt down that preview online. About three or four months ago I watched the BBC's made-for-tv series (circa 1988) of the Chronicles of Narnia. After The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, I realized I would have to watch them with a grain of salt and a gallon of scotch to derive enjoyment.

Here's hoping this upcoming round is better. :-)